Hi Richard, Very nice, thanks for your help !
IMHO we should develop an own standard for Jaluino, off course using > the good ideas from other boards but not making exactly the same. > Jaluino is for Jal and developed by Jal (people). I agree 100% > > I suggest to make the Jaluino mini pin compatible with a breadboard, > easy for testing. Yes, pluggable on a breadboard. > > If you all agree I can make all the schematics and pcb layouts. > I have placed the 18f2550 in the file section so we can discus it > before making the layout. Looks great. I can try to prototype few part of the schematic if you want. > After that I can make the other schematics so we can disbud them > before making those layouts. I have some thoughts: - it seems you have made one connector per port (eg. one for PORTA, one for PORTB). I tried to do this as first, then realized the PCB was way too complicated because pins aren't distributed "logically", in a continued fashion (hope you know what I mean). Do you think the PCB will be simple enough to be built by ourselves ? - I think RC4 and RC5 should be part of connector, if no USB is used, we can still use the use pin (this is what I called "exported pins": pins being part of a connector and available to shields. - I've never tested this but if we use Tinybootloader (I'd like to), it's able to reset the PIC by setting RTS. Some hardware is required, see schematics in http://www.etc.ugal.ro/cchiculita/software/tinybldusage.htmsection "Options". Having the possibility to remotely reset the device is a must IMHO. I'd need to prototype and test this on a breadboard (but I'm having troubles making tiny working). I've also seen you've put a reset pin on Power connector. What would be the usage ? hardware for reset tiny (instead of reset via power connector ?) - partially related to previous bullet: all the serial module I have have RTC and CTS pins (bluetooth-serial converter and USB-serial FTDI based converter). Should we add this pins to serial connector ? - finally, my USB-to-serial module also is able to provide power. This would give a third option to power supply: 1. power is taken from a wallmart power supply (jack) 2. power is taken from USB connector (the one we have in our schematics) 3. power is taken from serial module, when available (for instance, available when using USB-to-serial connector) Is it possible to add this 3rd option ? (last thought: Using PIC LF versions, we can make them run at lower voltages than 5V. My USB-to-serial converter also is able to provide 5V or 3.3V (and many of these provide the kind of things). Will this work with 3.3V for instance ? > As you can see I also added a pushbutton and led so without a shield > you can already work with usb, serial,i2c and do the, “blink a led” > tests and have a input. Yes, as in original Arduino, good idea to check the board. > > > I was thinking of making the pcb size of Jaliuno medium and maxi ½ a > eurocard (100x160) would be 100x80 but that is for later. > > The smaller the better :) In my first attempt to make a PCB, I've reserved a space so the chosen serial module can be plugged (see bottom left part). Cheers, Seb -- Sébastien Lelong http://www.sirloon.net http://sirbot.org --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jallib" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
