Hello,

I have made a schematic for Jaluino maxi (18F4550) with hopefully
all the wishes you all have.
As ask by Seb, source can be obtained in3 ways
1 PSU through Jack (Jumper on JP1)
2 USB  (Jumper in JP2)
3 Serial, powered by USB to serial TTL converter.

If you want to create a RS232 with a MAX232 you must
select for the source, Jack (JP1) or USB (JP2) and place
a jumper on JP4 to supply 5V to de serial connector.

Also ask by Seb is the reset option by RTS (J7).
The serial connector is pin compatible with the Bluetooth to serial
converter
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=582


The leds, PB and I2C are gone and must be made on a shield.
On a 2 layer pcb we can place them even with more bells and whistles
but better keep the homebrew one simple.

I maintained the reset on the power connector similar to Arduino if
you don’t mind.
better not used and have than needed and don’t have, if you now what I
mean.

The connectors are more routable friendly connected to the 18F4550 (I
hope) but
this I will notice as soon as I start with the pcb.

If you all agree I will use female array 2,54mm(0.1”) pitch connectors
for I/O,
male rectangle array 2,54mm pitch connector for serial and ICSP,
B-type USB connector and PCB power connector, see Farnell nr 1608726.

Because shields must be of one size in depended if they are for Medium
maxi or bigger
I don’t expect a big difference in pcb size between medium and maxi.
Because real difference will be the number of I/O, I think nobody will
be interested
in Jaluino medium with a 18f2550.
Is it an idea to have Jaluino mini for 18f14K50, Jaluino Medium for
18F4550 and Jaluino Maxi
for something like the 18F87J50 (mentioned by Seb)?

The schematic is placed in the file section.


I like the idea by Albert of making an own USB to serial converter,
you hardly need to make a pcb
because it is easy to place on a pcb breadboard, if you decide to make
a pcb you can if you want
make it pin compatible with the Bluetooth to serial converter and thus
compatible with Jaluino maxi,
maybe you can even add an option for adding a MAX232 :-)


Greetz

Richard

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to