Joep Suijs wrote:

PS there are also users that don't use the IDE supplied. I'm one of
them on Windows, since I prefer to use the same editor for different
platforms. If you are not on Windows or Linux, you are probably use
your own tools all the time.

I'm one of those: I do not like any IDE I've seen so far because they are all different. It's like with standards: "The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from" (Tanenbaum). Recently I needed to help a friend with M$ C++ Express, ppfffffff what a bodice.... but I must admit that when getting somewhat used to it, it has nice debugging features.

So you can all do whatever you think is useful to build a cross platform IDE, but don't expect any contribution from me. And since I'm probably the only eCS(OS/2) user here you can simply forget eCS as a platform to support (but don't forget Mac). On the other hand, many L. and W. tools are available for eCS as well (like of wxWidgets, QT4). So maybe I'll ever become an Jal IDE user...

Regards, Rob.




--
Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to