On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Sebastien Lelong < [email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Matt, > > 2010/2/9 mattschinkel <[email protected]> > > > But it's windows only... I'm currently working on an IDE for Jaluino, >> > cross-platform. Can't be compared to jaledit, but may be an alternative. >> > >> >> Why another IDE? Why don't you either help Sunish re-write Jaledit to >> cross-platform (maybe jaledit 2.0) with the same look and feel, or use >> PICshell? >> > > What I'm looking for is an IDE I could write specific plugins for, > dedicated to Jaluino. I want it to be cross-platform too. > > I think I can looks at having plugins to jaledit. > About PICShell: as you know, I really like the unittest feature and the > possibility to follow jal code and asm code side by side. But these are > features I don't want to expose to users, too much advanced. There's no > plugin architecture. > > About Jaledit: I wish I could use it, really, but it's not cross-plaftform, > and wine isn't a solution IMO. It's not integrated to original desktop > (filesystem, drag'n drop interaction, etc...). I don't know if it also work > under wine with OSX. There's no plugin architecture too, so I can't > customize it. Already discussed this with Sunish, making jaledit > cross-plaftform would require to wait synedit to be cross-platform, and move > to another underlying editor, like Scintilla (and rewrite it). (Sunish, > correct me if I'm wrong...) > > About crossplatform, before going into anything else, I would like to know what number of jal users are on Linux,Windows,mac and ecs or whatever. If the number of Win users is more than 70% than I think I'll continue jaledit and help out on developing an IDE in whatever platform,compiler that we at jallib chooses. I may not be able to code but can help on UI design. Regarding filesystem,dragn drop etc, whenever you are using any kind of crossplatform tools like wxwidgets, or QT or whatever, you soon hit these same problems over and over. If we are using an existing IDE like ecclipse, it might so clumsy that you feel that jaledit is better. About scintialla, as mentioned in another post, its not a complete solution for crossplatform, but a complete rewrite. > So that's why I'm trying to build yet another IDE, though I wish I wouldn't > have to. > > >> >> As Sunish would say "Jaledit runs under wine". So is it possible to >> have a Jaledit that already contains wine so people don't need to >> install Wine? >> > > As I said, using wine won't fill the gap of being cross-platform. It's > artificial, slow, rather ugly, and sometime crashes (depends on version). > > I would like to know if I could do something to prevent the crash under wine. Sunish > > >> >> I would much prefer a solution other then build a new IDE. >> > > I would too, but don't seem to have choice by now :) > > > Cheers, > Seb > -- > Sébastien Lelong > http://www.sirloon.net > http://sirbot.org > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "jallib" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]> > . > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jallib" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
