On donderdag 4 juli 2019 17:54:23 CEST Nate Graham wrote:

> - bugs.kde.org currently offers a subpar UX for users reporting issues,
> compared to GitHub/GitLab/potentially the future Bugzilla 6 upgrade.

Um, actually, now that I think of it, that also needs a bit of substantiation.
What are the things that would make gitlab offer a better issue reporting
experience for users?

Is it really true that gitlab's UX is less frightening for our non-technical
users? How easy is it to actually find the place to file a bug against GIMP
starting from gitlab.gnome.org?

Is it really true that gitlab makes reporting bugs easier for our users? I.e.,
does it offer easier login, an easier way to add screen shots and screen
recordings or crash logs?

Is it really true that gitlab makes it easier for our users to make reports of
a better quality? Like, better wizards, forms, support for smarter templates,
more ways to cross-check a bug report with other bug reports, or cross-check
the internal consistency? Is it easier for a user reporting a bug on gitlab to
tell us which OS, version of OS, version of the application they are using?

Does gitlab offer convenience features for our users like replying by email? (I
know that some people think email is on the way out, but in real life, everyone
has email -- and if it were going out -- is there integration with instant
messaging?) Does gitlab make it easier to be notified of events related to the
issue?

We all know that gitlab has a rich text editor. This is modern, but how
important is that, actually? And how important is it to have a rich text editor
in our issue reporting system right now? Are we experience a decline in the
number of user reports because more and more people don't want to use bugzilla?

--
https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org