From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-boun...@list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Mark Langford
via KRnet
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 9:15 AM
To: Mark Jones via KRnet
Cc: Mark Langford
Subject: Re: KR> fixed trim tabs

Mark Jones wrote:

 >> I too had this style trim tab on my aileron. The way I mounted mine
was with 3M double sided tape and I put over 500 hours flight time on it
and it never loosened up. Mounting it this way is just another way to
reduce a little drag.  <<

I mounted mine with screws because bending the aluminum while mounted
could damage the trailing edge of the control surface.  I guess if you
used .010" aluminum sheet that would probably work though, but then I'd
worry about flutter (I'm not happy if I'm not worried about something).
With screws I can remove it in half a minute, measure it, bend it on the
brake, and reinstall without damaging anything.    That's getting it
dialed in to start with, but a prop change later can also require
another adjustment.  With N891JF, tiny drag contributors are not
something I worry about, and I'm not sure how sturdy these trailing
edges were constructed....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com