This email has the screenshots composed in a word document as the previous
email did not display  the screenshots.

Kind regards,

Ahmad A
From: Ahmad Alawsie<mailto:ahmad.uni...@hotmail.com>
Sent: 09 February 2018 01:48
To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org<mailto:l10n@openoffice.apache.org>
Subject: The suggestion mode does not make sense.....

Hi all,

So while I’m translating, I thought to myself that I can try and test the
suggestion mode to see how it works and what can be improved...

So in this instance where I suggest a word/phrase, the suggestion goes through
and will appear as normal under the text field. However, it appears with an ‘x’
or tick, which seems to break logic. It just does not make sense for a user to
suggest a word, and then have the ability to accept/reject the suggestion.

As a translator, what I expected for the suggestion mode is that, if a user
suggests a translated word/phrase, then it is only logical that the user cannot
accept or reject their own suggestion. It would make sense, though, that they
have the ability to edit their submitted suggestion/s, or delete it completely.
I decided to test this ‘illogical’ function out and this is what it looks like:

[cid:image002.png@01D3A148.179E3D80]

I submitted the suggestion (at the bottom of the screenshot), and as you can
see, I am given the options to accept or reject the suggestion... yet it is my
own suggestion. I accepted the suggestion and it now marks as 1 “accepted” on
my profile (my username is skyray1). My profile can be seen in the screenshot
below, with the accepted column marking 1 on the ‘Apache OpenOffice 4.x
Help<https://translate.apache.org/ar/aoo40help/>’ row.

[cid:image005.png@01D3A148.179E3D80]

The screenshot above now shows the number “1” after I had accepted my OWN
suggestion. In my opinion, this needs to change, as for logic’s sake, users
should submit suggestions for OTHERS to review, and not themselves.

Kind regards,

Ahmad A