Back in  June I wrote about the smelly lace book I had got in the mail.  I
tried a number of suggestions made on Arachne.

As I have non-clumping cat litter on hand I put about a cup full into a plastic
bag along with the book, sealed it and put it in my outdoor screened porch.
After a month the smell had dissipated somewhat but there was still a hint of
it. I was able to read it but did not want to place it in my bookcase.  I then
placed some dryer sheets in the front and back covers.  That helped.  Lastly I
ironed the covers and some of the interior pages and put the dryer sheets back.
 Now it smells laundry fresh.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Janice

 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org