In my initial Binche class it was suggested to use the sticky arrows. Hated
them! It is so much easier to pull a pin out of the foam and quickly move it
than it is to get an arrow off of paper and repositioned. Also i use a bunch of
pins and there would not be room for all arrows.  Since most of the time I am
working on my lace at home I don't worry about pins falling out in transport. I
think if I were going to travel I would look into getting thicker foam so I
could push them all the way in for transport. It is also very unlikely I will
make a pattern twice and if I do I can always print another diagram! So pins
win hands down for me too!
Anita Hansen... who is looking forward to Binche design class in October with
Kumiko!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa