I remember talking to WM Australia reps in Berlin about Nyungar but to my knowledge, allowing nys:wp to be written in English was not part of that discussion. Actually, I remember trying to make clear that the involvement of native speakers is a sine-qua-non for any new anguage wikipedia. Maybe, it wasn't understood that this also implied writing in the particular language in question, i.e. here Nyungar.

Otherwise, I support Gerard's suggestion of making this a special wiki project instead of a wikipedia.

Fwiw,
Oliver