On Jan 22, 2008 8:35 PM, Giuliano Colla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can't say. I read that someone is *using* gtk2. I tried to make a form
> with a button....

I suppose you meant the gtk2 Lazarus interface. Well, I use it for:

http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/

And works pretty well. The magnifier can't actually run in gtk1 at
all: it doesn't support screenshot taking. (I tryed to implement it
once, didn't work, gave up)

And also use it for Lazarus under Linux since more then 1 year and
it's quite stable. I think this is another case that generalizing
one's experience doesn't work =)

I probably never used the things you mentioned on gtk2, so I never
noticed they don't work and never had the need to find out why they
don't work. The magnifier uses buttons, a TPageControl, a tray icon,
some menus, etc, all those things work well in Gtk 2 since more then 1
year at least. At least in the way I used them on the project.

My idea of open source is that if everyone fixes the small issues they
find. Just enougth to make their apps work. We will eventually have a
perfect/bug-free project =)

Today I don't see any reason why I would use gtk 1 anymore. Even if
the gtk2 interface has bugs, gtk1 has catastrophical failures for me:

* Horrible look
* Bad/inconsistent internationalization support
* Not developed anymore, long time ago obsoleted

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho