On 29/01/2008, A.J. Venter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Have a look on SourceForge. I have seen quite a few toolkits
> > implemented in C/C++ and uses OpenGL or SDL or whatever hw
> > acceleration they picked.
>
> Eeeek ! Components should NOT require hardware acceleration support !
> There is still a significant number of computers without this feature.

I think if you used SDL you should be safe...  I don't know SDL much,
but doesn't that auto detect hardware acceleration and if nothing is
found, switch to software rendering.

Either way, it's not by baby.... I don't use any SDL or OpenGL
features in any of my applications. I simply commented on what I found
in SF.net

Regards,
  - Graeme -