Hi there, Here is my effort to do something similar I think. I have a folder
called Genealogical Office on my Computer in which I  keep every type of record
relating to family, including BMD, Census and property  records, etc.  All
these are numbered sequentially as I receive them.
In the Research Tab in Legacy I build references to all these as I research. eg:

My External  hard copy sources for him can be found in:-

Extracts: Vol.1 Births: Bir 24
Extracts: Vol.1 Baptisms, Bap 40 for first baptism
Extracts: Vol.1 Baptisms, Bap 41 for second baptism
Extracts: Vol.1 Weddings, Wed 3 for first marriage
Extracts: Vol.1 Marriages, Mar 2 for second marriage
Extracts: Vol.2 Census, C 34
Extracts: Vol.2 Miscellaneus, Mis 4 British National Archives, WW1 Medals
document
Family Tradition: T5 to T14 copy of army documents
Family Tradition: T7 127 Commons rd  House documents
Family Tradition: T9 Driving Licence
Family Tradition: T10 to T14 Jeannie Gordon letters to him
Family Tradition: T42 Jeannie Gordon letter to him
Family Tradition: T40,41 His letters to compiler
Family Tradition: T45 Telegram re his death to compiler, Declan Chalmers  20
Jul 1963
Family Tradition: T62 letter Army Records Office  to brother of compiler, James
Chalmers 1965
Family Tradition: T64 letter Andrew Buchan to James Chalmers 1967
Extracts: Vol. Maps 2  Mp 1 Aerial photo of national school, Badenscoth he
attended in Auchterless
Extracts: Vol. Maps 2  Mp 2 parishes of Aberdeenshire
Extracts: Vol. Maps 2  Mp 5 Upperthird, Auchterless, Aberdeenshire where he was
born
PhotoVol.1  1-17 Photos of Birth place and early childhood
Family Tradition: T5 original army papers received 2002 from my brother Alec
Research: Vol. ResearchLog 1.1 Chalmers
Research: Vol. British Army, Diary of 1st Batt Gordon Highlanders 1914-1918
External Genealogical Descendant Scroll from Ancestor: James Chalmers RIN 29

I have also a printed version of above in binders so that I can easily  find
any document re any person quickly.

When I do a report above will be placed almost directly after the vital records
so it is at the start of info re each person.
Declan Chalmers