On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 04:02:45 -0800 (PST)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> - Assume devs and users will want to change css nodes *first*.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this point.  Most apps.,
when the user wants to change a font size, presents the user with a
number to change.  Requiring instead that they edit a headline that
looks like this:

  @string font-size = 12pt

is already making Leo less friendly to non-coders.  Requiring that they
edit CSS without messing up the syntax is even more coder centric.  And
I know you can just copy by example for the syntax, but it's amazing how
hard people seem to find that.

Maybe fonts are a poor example because they're the one case where you
accept settings are needed, but it's true of whatever - colors - most
apps. off a color dialog, but Leo wants you to edit CSS and understand
color naming?  Actually I think Leo can offer a color dialog for
editing color settings, not sure.  Again, settings being simpler, *for
the user*, than CSS.

Finally if two level settings are annoying while developing a theme, it
would be easy to write a command to dereference the selected text in
the log, so you can see what it is.