Hi,

I've downloaded recent CVS (as of Jan. 15th).

After installing lesstif and recompiling XMgrace, this executable says:

Symbol `_XmStrings' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
error in loading shared libraries: src/xmgrace: undefined symbol: statI did the
following:

This message only showed up after upgrading lesstif from 0.91.8 to current CVS.

This is what I've done with lesstif-cvs:

$ ./CVSMake
$ ./configure --enable-build-Xbae --prefix=/usr/local/lesstif
$ make
# make install
# /sbin/ldconfig

The file /etc/ld.so.conf contains:

/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib
/usr/kerberos/lib
/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
/usr/lib/gconv
/usr/local/qt/lib
/usr/lib/qt-2.1.0/lib
/usr/lib/qt-1.45/lib
/usr/local/lesstif/lib
/usr/local/Mesa/lib

---------

Now I compile XMgrace (the same way as I did when using lesstif 0.91.8):

$ setenv CFLAGS "-I/usr/local/lesstif/include -L/usr/local/lesstif/lib"
$ setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/usr/local/lesstif/include -L/usr/local/lesstif/lib"
$ setenv LDFLAGS "-L/usr/local/lesstif/lib"
$ make configure
$ ./configure
$ make
$ src/xmgrace

The last command is a test, before I actually install it.
This results in the following:

src/xmgrace: Symbol `_XmStrings' has different size in shared object, consider
re-linking
src/xmgrace: error in loading shared libraries: src/xmgrace: undefined symbol: stat

I have no idea what to do with these messages. What has gone wrong and where?

Thanks,
Rob.