Hi,

On Monday, 19.03.2018 at 16:06, Andre Przywara wrote:
> Can you add:
>       dr_mode = "otg";
> to the usb_otg node?
> According to the generic binding doc this should be the default if not
> specified, but the sunxi-musb driver requires this property, explicitly.

That stops the error -22 and gives me a 5th BUS:

[    1.774630] usb_phy_generic usb_phy_generic.0.auto: usb_phy_generic.0.auto
supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator
[    1.785959] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1.auto: MUSB HDRC host driver
[    1.791727] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1.auto: new USB bus registered, assigned bus
number 5
[    1.800168] hub 5-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.803955] hub 5-0:1.0: 1 port detected

> And on the way, can you drop the usb0_vbus-supply property from the
> usbphy node, to see if that makes a difference? Maybe the polarity of
> the pin is messed up?

Did that. Is this relevant? It was in the log both before and after this
change:

[    1.826143] usb0-vbus: disabling

Unfortunately I can't actually test anything further right now as my
(Olimex provided, pl2303) console cable has mysteriously (re-)started
exhibiting the same behaviour as it did last week where the TX path had
stopped working. Perhaps this is a cue to call it a day...

I'll try and see if I can fix the cable tomorrow, and/or find a shop with a
replacement.

Cheers,

-mato