On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Stephen Michael Kellat <skel...@sdf.org> wrote:
> Can we come up with 3 to 5 event scenarios that LoCo groups could choose
> between as starters to build from?  We've knocked out translations and
> packaging as possibilities.  Randall has brought up marketing as well as some
> non-germane matters.

The Global Jam wiki[0] has a list of things traditionally done during
Jams, and each topic links to more information about running them:

 * App Dev School event - teach and find out together how to write
apps for Ubuntu.

 * Bugs - finding, triaging and fixing bugs.

 * Testing - testing the new packages, your hardware, or contributing new tests.

 * Documentation - writing documentation about how to use Ubuntu and
how to join the community.

 * Translations - translating Ubuntu and helping to make it available
in everyone's local language.

 * Packaging - work on Ubuntu packages and improve them.

These pages are all developed by folks who are interested in these
different types of Jams, so it would be great to see Randall and
others interested could pitch in to create a "Marketing" page, and
perhaps a "Fun" page that focuses on getting people excited about
Ubuntu. But I think both of these things are largely cycle-independent
so it doesn't have a lot to do with *when* we have the jam (the
original topic of this thread).

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

http://www.princessleia.com