Let us loop back to the main issue.

Can we come up with 3 to 5 event scenarios that LoCo groups could choose
between as starters to build from?  We've knocked out translations and
packaging as possibilities.  Randall has brought up marketing as well as some
non-germane matters.

Debian Jessie's freeze is coming up on 2014-11-05 at 2359 UTC.[1]  The event
dates put us between UI Freeze and Documentation String Freeze.  I am not sure
when Release To Manufacturing falls for the touch images but it is likely
around then too.

My initial suggestions for activities include but are not limited to:

1.  Patch upstreaming.  We've got all sorts of patches for things sitting in
Launchpad so let us see if we can push them upstream to get adopted.
2.  Community reads of the documentation.  We can have some "sanity checks"
done on documentation by having non-DocsTeam & affiliates people read it for
comprehension and try to apply it especially if it is text that has had changes
over the past cycle.
3.  A contest for bragging rights?  Who can build their own counterpart to the
Orange Box?  Share blueprints/sketches/schematics to help get Ubuntu building
as a more concrete notion than just ethereal software?

Thoughts, suggestions, counter-proposals?

Stephen Michael Kellat
Point of Contact/Leader, Ubuntu Ohio
Member, LoCo Council

[1]: (https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html)