I expect that everyone would welcome some suggestions for how one could
work on marketing. I know plenty of our LoCo teams have trouble with it,
and it'd be interesting to see what new marketing materials could come
out of a marketing global jam.

> having fun, and building interest in Ubuntu

Global Jams are an on-ramp for new contributors to Ubuntu, and help
build interest in that way. For more end-user-type interests, and having
fun in general, we have parties, and installfests, and most other LoCo
activities really.

Global Jams have traditionally had the wonderful property that people
end up making things that they can then point to as tangible
contributions to Ubuntu (bug reports, translations, posters,
documentation, ...). I think that's something we should continue to
focus on when considering upcoming Jams.

rww

On 07/31/2014 08:38 PM, Randall wrote:
> My goal is marketing and growing the project. I am looking forward to doing
> that 🙌
>
> On July 31, 2014 8:37:11 PM PDT, "José Antonio Rey" <j...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> We are not discouraging anyone, just trying to focus in some goals.
>>

>> On 07/31/2014 10:34 PM, Randall wrote:
>>> Marketing, having fun, and building interest in Ubuntu is within
>> scope.
>>> The wiki needs an update.
>>>
>>> If we are discouraging people from running Global Jams to do that,
>> then
>>> we are excluding some communities.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Randall