Piers Cawley wrote:
> Note that, in US phone numbers, the leading 1 is in fact the country
> code.

I think that in many cases, this may be coincidence -- that US-centric
Americans put a long-distance 1 in front of their number, which just happens
to be their country code.

I'll admit that in some cases they may be aware that country codes are
required for international calls, that putting a country code in your
telephone number is a good thing if you do business widely, and that the
country code for the NANP is 1.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.