Chris Devers wrote:
> Work in some kind of good
> pervasive naming scheme and the underlying numbers can get
> arbitrarily complex without bothering anyone.

Maybe. I'm told that was Tim Berners-Lee's plan for hypertext -- that
hyperlinks would be clickable or something like that and that nobody would
ever have to type in a URL. Obviously, things have come out differently. I
think I read once that if he had known URLs would be displayed (e.g. in
advertisements) and typed in by hand, he would have chosen a different
syntax.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.