On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 06:30:24PM +0200, Philip Newton wrote:
> Simon Wilcox wrote:
> > I avoided HTML::Embperl, HTML::Mason & Apache::ASP because they all
> > embed perl into the template which is a Bad Thing (tm).
> Why is that so evil?
> I'm willing to be enlightened here.

Mainly maintainability. In the same way as it's evil to mix two types of
language - Perl and SQL, although people seem to be a lot more prepared
to do this :-(

The point is that if you are embedding perl, there are too many places
that things can be changed. It is possible to write embedded perl templates
well, but a lot more difficult than if they are separated out.

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           http://colondot.net/