On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 06:30:24PM +0200, Philip Newton wrote:
>Simon Wilcox wrote:
>> I avoided HTML::Embperl, HTML::Mason & Apache::ASP because they all
>> embed perl into the template which is a Bad Thing (tm).
>
>Why is that so evil?
>
>I'm willing to be enlightened here.

Separation of code and data - or in this case, layout, content
and logic. You can have multiple template files (say, for HTML,
WAP, I-mode, and whatnot) while keeping a single, fairly simple
program as the back-end (which doesn't need to know what sort of
platform it's filling in a template for, just which template file
to load).

Roger