You are right. I forgot to add a patch related with type-casting.

Summary of the long story:

Since CharArraySet inherits from Hashtable, some unimplemented methods such
as Add(object,object) refer to the base class(Hashtable) which is wrong.

Also calling GetEnumerator() using the
System.Collections.ICollection interface does result in Hashtable's
GetEnumerator() being invoked. So an explicit typecast is needed for
invoking CharArraySet.GetEnumerator()

(As a result, a bad (but *almost* working) implementation.  It is rewritten
in 2.9.4g)

DIGY