Dear Martyn,
I must beg to differ on that one. I, personally, prefer to play from original
tabs including German tab, but I have seen too many students, not advanced
students of course, who gave up in front of a facsimile tab.
So, although I agree on the advantages of playing from original sources, I
reiterate my grateful thanks to Sarge, Doug and others for making so many
little known works available to all, encouraging them to become acquainted with
the sources and to make their own research afterwards.
Best wishes
Jean-Marie