On Fri, Apr 06, 2018 at 09:18:54AM +0000, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 06/04/2018 à 00:40, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
> > Am 05.04.2018 um 04:47 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
> >
> > > In my opinion it is that important, because updating LyX could break
> > > something else on a user's computer.
> >
> > No! Why do you claim this again? Don't mix potential bugs in a LaTeX
> > package on CTAN with LyX. With this argumentation every package update
> > could introduce bugs. LyX is not responsible for bugs on CTAN.
>
> Aren't we discussing bugs in miktex here? CTAN is a different beast,
> although living on the bleeding edge is probably a bad decision for
> "average" users.

I'm thinking about any bug that could be exposed to the user after a
MiKTeX update, whether that comes from MiKTeX itself or if it comes from
MiKTeX updating other packages. If LyX causes an update of a LaTeX
package without asking the user, then my opinion is that LyX would be
responsible for any bug or change in behavior that the package comes
with. That's exactly why I think LyX should not cause such an update
without asking the user.

Scott