On Friday, February 5, 2021, 11:43:02 PM GMT+2, Richard Kimberly Heck
<rikih...@lyx.org> wrote:

On 2/5/21 3:10 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Le 05/02/2021 à 20:07, V K a écrit :
>> Regarding huge note. I created a new file, pasted some random
>> generated text in English and Russian, placed them in note an yes, it
>> is not as bad. But when I pasted my text in Lithuanian to note, it's
>> almost unusable. Same situation even after converting all text to
>> plaintext (so there is no notes or links to missing footnotes, only
>> text). After buffer-anonymize performance is much better, like with
>> notes in other languages. So, problem is with language, I think –
>> Lithuanian has letters ąčęėįįšųųūž. So I copied public lithuanian
>> text to the note. Strangely situation is better (but worse than with
>> English or Russian notes).
>> I attached file with public text and I can send file with my text
>> privately if you wish.
>
> What shall I do to experience bad performance? What is your operating
> system?

Of course we've had issues like this with the outliner open. We fixed a
problem like that for branches. Maybe it's the same problem with notes?

I've just created branch, placed my text and behaviour is same as with note –
sluggishness. Maybe Wayland is to be blamed. But Linux is going in that
direction.