rgheck wrote:

> It'd be nice to hear precisely what people would want that version
> control does not provide. I have a hard time myself seeing why it is any
> more than an "isn't that cool" feature for two people simultaneously to
> edit a single document. I.e., fun, but hardly revolutionary as far as
> actual productivity goes, at least for the sort of work most LyX users
> actually do.

After using LyX for a long time. What I would like is a possibility to
manage the life cycle of an article.
My paper starts as a working paper, and handout and maybe a beamer
presentation, then a long version, a short version, a version formatted for
X, proofs, printed version, my additions and corrections to the printed
version, a version for an online repository, bits and pieces discarded from
the article that I want to keep with it, etc.

Version control, Google wave seems to bring tools to manage the evolutive
process of writing. Something, word processors are quite bad with.

Cheers,
Charles