On 2010-04-14, Typhoon wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:56:10 +0200
> Abdelrazak Younes <you...@lyx.org> wrote:
>> On 04/14/2010 06:42 PM, Jose Quesada wrote:

>> > Great post Abdel.
>> > The idea of sharing repos as a portable document format is great.

Indeed.

> I don't know what the technical challenges might be, but do we have to
> choose? Emacs supports RCS, CVS, bazaar, mercurial and git (at least -
> there may be others). Let the user choose.

Someone has to do the work. So (at least in the beginning) it is the
developer who chooses.  (With Emacs (or e.g. the Jed editor), every user
can write/provide/install additional modes. This flexibility is the core
of Emacs' power.)

> If it isn't necessary, I don't think that LyX should lock into one
> system.

While it is good to support a wide choice of systems for version control,
for a "portable LyX document" *one* format is the right way.

G√ľnter