On 2010-12-01, Egidijus Kamarauskas wrote:

> Hallo.
> On my system have I installed texlive-lang-lithuanian package and I have
> on my machine lithuanian.ldf file (It is placed
> on /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/lithuanian/lithuanian.ldf , so
> told me Synaptic).

This looks OK.

> I have tried to do this things like set Document>Settings>Language
> Lithuanian and without other
> \usepackage{lit...} in the preamble,

This too.

> either to set utf8x. Errors exists. I can not write Lithuanian texts.
> If I use English in settings, I can write this letters - ąčęėįšųūž, LyX
> compiles document very well, but Figure is Figure, Part is Part, and I
> can not change to right words.

You could copy the code that defines the Lithuanian translations from
lithuanian.ldf to your preamble, but this would leave the hyphenation
at English, so better find another way.

> Now I have attached my LyX file :
> newfile1.lyx with text. Try to set Lithuanian language and compile.

Thanks for the file. I cannot compile here (without installing the
texlive-lang-lithuanian Debian package).

However, View>Source with a tick at "complete sourec" revealed a strange
thing:

The document preamble starts:

  \documentclass{article}
  \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
  \usepackage[l7xenc]{inputenc}
  \usepackage[lithuanian]{babel}

But L7x is a *font* encoding, no *input* encoding.
(The correct way would be ``\usepackage[L7x,T1]{fontenc}`` or
 ``\usepackage[T1,L7x]{fontenc}``, the last option becomes the default
 font encoding).

This buggy line goes away, when I change
Document>Settings>Language>Encoding from "Language default" to ASCII.

However, I found no occurence of the string "l7x" in the .lyx source
file, nor in LYX's languages file!

Günter