I can verify the problem and found the reason: in the latest version if
the lithuanian package one needs to use the font encoding "L7x". and
une _must_not_ use the encoding ISO 8859-13 but uft8x.

L7x is a very non-standard font encoding: The font choice will
be limited to Latin Modern and the PSNFSS fonts.

But it work here fior me will all installed fonts (maybe they are all PSNFSS
fonts).

utf8x loads the unsupported, non-standard ucs package that can lead to
clashes with other packages.

OK, but to be able to write Lithuanian it seems one has to live with that
limitations.

In the attached file I used this encoding. To change the font encoding,
you must open LyX's preverences and replace "T1" with "L7x" in the
field "TeX encoding" that you find under Output->LaTeX.

Better, replace "T1" with "L7x,T1", so that T1 is still the default
encoding (for English and other languages that do not change the
font-encoding) and L7x is available for Lithuanian.

We could add preamble code to load the file "l7xenc.def" if it exists to
the "languages" file:

   \IfFileExists{l7xenc.def}{\input{l7xenc.def}{}

This would declare L7x whenever Lithuanian is used in the document.

Thanks for these infos. Can you please update the Lithuanian page in the Wiki
accordingly?

If yes, I'll make utf8x the default encoding for Lithuanian for the
next LyX release.

Please don't if it can be avoided. I suggest "ASCII" instead: LyX will
handle the Unicode->TeX conversion then (and it does a good job at this).

I don't understand. ASCII is a 7bit encoding utf8x an 8bit encoding. how does
LyX convert the encoding?

thanks and regards
Uwe