On 14/03/2013 15:14, Alex Vergara Gil wrote:

Isn´t there a better way to do this inside LyX?
I think this is a good feature request for developers, is not that hard
to put a button inside the math environment that switches between TeX
and rendered math mode, and when exited you see only rendered. I don´t
know if I am making myself clear, so I will explain this a little more.

1 Enter in math mode and add some equation/whatever.
2 Now I want to add some TeX code directly or edit what I have
introduced, so I press the (requested) switch button and I could see all
in TeX code.
3 I edit the TeX code  and when finished press the switch button again
(or just leave math mode), the result should be the new rendered
equation/whatever I have edited.

This feature would be great for middle to power users, off course one
should only expect math code inside the math mode so it would be nice to
clarify this in the manual if it is actually included.

I know I can do this in a ERT environment but then I need to copy to
math but that´s not an optimal approach.

This sounds like a not very hard feature to implement, maybe without touching C++ even. So why don't you implement this yourself and propose a patch? There are not many active developers these days so LyX users must participate to the development if they want to see LyX evolve.

Abdel.