Submitting to IEEE conf.  They accept TeX.

If I try to give them the TeX output, they say they need dvi, and
all figures in eps (what is this, 1980??)

If I try to export to dvi from lyx, I get:

-----------------------
! Package inputenc Error: Keyboard character used is undefined
(inputenc)                in inputencoding `latin9'.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.13 .... Vazquez-Castro, and A.~Morello, ``{DVB��
                                                  �S2 ACM} modes for
You need to provide a definition with \DeclareInputText
or \DeclareInputMath before using this key.

! Package inputenc Error: Keyboard character used is undefined
(inputenc)                in inputencoding `latin9'.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.13 ... Vazquez-Castro, and A.~Morello, ``{DVB‐
                                                  S2 ACM} modes for
You need to provide a definition with \DeclareInputText
or \DeclareInputMath before using this key.

If I select dvi (LuaTeX) export, lyx does not complain.  But then if I test the
dvi myself, I get:

dvipdf vhtpaper.dvi
dvips: ! invalid char 8208 from font ec-lmr8