Thanks for the tip, however, I _need_ to use gd and perl together. And,
I am not even talking about GD.pm. I need the pure gd library for a
perl module I have. Seems perl 5.6.0 now has issues with gd as I built
it.

funny that the same gd, built exactly the same way on MacOS X 10.1.15
worked just fine with perl 5.6.0. Now it has issues.

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 09:57  PM, Dave Gomez wrote:

> Puneet,
>
> Think I had same issues, and gave up and used gnuplot instead for some
> graph
> creation, as it does put out graphs like the ones I use on my site well
> (http://www.dkgomez.com/cgi-bin/housetemp.pl). Think I used fink to do
> the
> install of gnuplot
>
> Dave Gomez
>
> On 10/10/02 2:27 PM, "Puneet Kishor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Ok, here's some more info that I was able to put together.
>>
>> I built gd and supporting libraries using gcc 3.1.
>>
>> To build another program (that actually eventually generates a perl
>> module), I had to revert to gcc 2.x.
>>
>> I, then, reverted back to gcc 3.x and built the perl specific module.
>> Running my perl scripts hence produces the errors below. The "dyld:
>> perl
>> Undefined symbols:" portion indicates there might be some binary
>> incompatibility. Between what and what though? Is there a way I can
>> test
>> this? (I guess, in a manner of speaking, I did test it and learned it
>> is
>> incompatible :-( )
>>

>> Puneet Kishor wrote:
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I haven't messed with the OS at all. I am using the Perl 5.6.0 that
>>> comes
>>> with OS X 10.2.
>>>
>>> I built gd 1.8.4 using Scott Anguish's directions on stepwise (as I
>>> have
>>> done before), and that worked just as expected. Then I built a
>>> specific
>>> perl module that helps makes maps (used to work fine on
>>> 10.1.whatever.
>>>
>>> I run my scripts unchanged, and I get the following in the apache
>>> error_log. Seems like gd is not happy.
>>>
>>> Without any further info to share (I really don't know what else to
>>> offer), can anyone shed some light on the following, or guide me to
>>> someplace I can find answers?
>>>
>>> Many thanks.
>>>
>>> Puneet.
>>>
>>> % tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log