One of my aims, should I ever get up the money for an Iphone 3GS, is
to write apps that use the built-in compass and GPS locator and WIFI
to scavenge data and provide constant heading feedback for blind
walkers.  This might have to be done using 3D sound, meaning a
headset, so I don't know how it'll interfere with hearing traffic and
ambient environment noises, but I know that, without my dog to
straighten me out, I feer wildly, and not always in the same direction
each time...  This is because I'm ambidextrous.  I'll check out this
article and related posts very soon, as this area really interests me
and I think there are enormous applications here for getting blind
people out of their boxes and into the real world.

Mark BurningHawk

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  burninghawk1...@hotmail.com
My home page: