It wouldn't have been a priority for me, either.  I just don't think it's the
end of the world now that it's here.
Donna

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Howell <s.how...@verizon.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 5:41 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: 3 features that hmm?

Hmmm, maybe I'm having issues in articulation.  My point is and has
been that I don't disagree the feature does more harm then good,
because yes, it does hold one back from truly getting the concept of
editing from the perspective of the majority; if that makes sense.
Asking Apple to remove it at this point makes little sense is what I'm
saying.  I recall the debate and all the crap surrounding the issue of
editing one way vs. the other.  Personally I would not have wasted the
code, but at the same time if it really proves to be beneficial then
great.  I'd hate to think someone would choose not to switch based on
the issue of editing and so, since the feature is here, then great.
Gee, I think this thread has generated nearly as much noise as the
entire editing thread.  Hey I see her point and I'm not disagreeing,
just saying since it's here I hope someone will benefit if that is
what is holding them up and yeah, this sure generated a lot of issues
when it came up as a topic.  Hell, I had trouble understanding this
initially and now when I do use windows-based screen reader, I have to
work hard at remembering the old way of editing. :)