Using Mac Mail, I get almost no  spam at all.  Let me put this
into the proper context so you understand my point.  When I was using
Outlook in its various forms throughout the years, for every 100
messages I downloaded, I was, at the "high point" receiving about 40
or so spam messages.   This is not a joke or exaggeration.  It was a
frustrating and annoying task to go through mail, and I had read
several technical articles that explained why Outlook and Outlook
Express were notoriously big spam generators in regard to how header
information is easily gotten.  I, btw, receive about 500 to 750
messages a day on average.

      By way of contrast, in the years I have been using Apple Mail,
I'd say that for every 100 messages I download, I get 1 or 2 spam
messages.  More often than not, as this weekend has been the case, it
is 0.  Note that I have some 6 or 7 active  email accounts that
include Hotmail, Gmail and AIM as well.  Only through the Hotmail
account do I still get the occasional garbage on a consistent basis.

      So, yes, I can say that I get no spam, as I had a pretty
substantial experience to compare it to.  Nothing is "perfect", but
I'd say that going from some 40 percent of spam content down to 1
percent is a very nice change of pace and a breath of fresh air.
Additionally, I do not get the pornographic and offers for various
pharmaceutical products either that were common in my Outlook folders.

Take Care

John Panarese