It appears there's been a lot of discussion on this subject. And I'm kind of
surprise. Because I was just pointed out backing up the Mac is incredibly
simple and straightforward. Go get a USB or thunderbolt hard drive plugged in
and use Time Machine. That's the simplest way.

I do to back ups when using super Duper to a thunderbolt raid drive. That is
incredibly fast. And I do a time machine back up to a USB three drive.

I love the clones, it's great to just be able to change your start up disk and
be right where you were when you did the back up. Everyone should have a back
up. It's just the cost of a external drive. Save yourself lots of aggravation
and go out and get an external drive. If you ever need it you'll be glad you did

Sent from my iPhone

list.