Dnia  7.10.2019 o godz. 17:17:32 Brandon Long via mailop pisze:

> If content analysis was sufficient, why would anyone bother with all of the
> other signals?

Mostly to save time and computing power maybe? With thousands of messages
sent from a particular IP, content analysis of each one of them is CPU
expensive and time-consuming. Checking the IP blacklists, email headers and
so on is lightweight compared to content analysis and allows for preliminary
filtering of confirmed spammers. Then the rest of messages (much smaller in
volume) goes through content analysis and the content analysis decides if
the message is classified as spam or not.

At least that's how I always configured spam filters when I was working as
admin for much larger mailservers than my current personal one :)

But for small senders content analysis alone is pretty sufficient. If you
have a sender who sends 20 messages per day, you can run them all through
content analysis. Even if one or two spams get through, it's virtually
no harm for anyone, contrary to the situation when - let's say - 5 non-spam
emails are mis-classified as spam and end up in the spam folder. This causes
quite considerable harm.

> Sure, you can send me a couple to take a look.

Thank you. As currently it is 2:30 in the night in my timezone, I really,
really need to go to sleep now. I will prepare the zip file and send it to
you tomorrow. Or maybe you prefer to share it via GDrive?

BTW. I also sometimes (quite rarely) send messages from my server using two
other sender addresses corresponding to two small organizations I belong to.
They are in different domains. I also tried to send mail from those two
addresses via AWS (while one of these addresses wasn't used as sender for
over a year) - both were classified as spam. As the "Received" headers
referring to my server were removed, the only thing that they could
have common with my server is the "rafa.eu.org" domain in the Message-Id and
maybe a few other headers. So I suppose that just a presence of this domain
anywhere in the message causes it to be classified as spam. Why?
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa