Dnia 20.10.2022 o godz. 15:51:13 Kai 'wusel' Siering via mailop pisze:
> > such data online is perfectly valid for companies, for individuals it's
> > nothing more than an endorsement for criminal activity.
>
> Well, just use your ISP's submission service, problem solved.

By ISP you mean hosting provider here? Because the actual ISPs, ie.
companies that provide Internet connectivity (either to your home or to your
hosting provider) usually don't offer any submission services. They *may*
offer an additional email service, but it's by no means a rule.

As for hosting provider, my provider for example does offer a submission
service only as a part of their mail service. If you sign up for their mail
service, you can use their submission service - but of course for sending
mail from *their* domain, not yours.

If you have a VPS (or even a physical server) hosted by them, with your own
domain, they don't offer you any submission service (or equivalent, like a
relay). After all, you have your own server where you can run your own mail
service for your domain (which is exactly what I do).

> Or pay someone to MX you domain, problem solved.

You probably mean provide outgoing SMTP for my domain, not MX? There is no
problem with *receiving* mail from t-online on any server.

But again, this makes no sense. I'm already paying for a server which is
fully capable of doing outgoing SMTP, why should I pay for another service
only to be able to send mail to some provider with shitty policy?

> > If some madman does not like what I write anywhere on the Internet (for
> > example
> > on my blog,
>
> As a German, you have to have an imprint on anything that is considered a
> "service", yes, even on your personal, non-monetized blog. It the law ;) And
> also off-topic here.

As a German. But as I mentioned, people who run mailservers and may want to
send mail to t-online are not necessarily Germans. Therefore the fact that
German law requires an imprint is actually completely off topic when it
comes to imprint as a requirement to be available to send mail to t-online.

> Well, it's a kind of non-written contractual agreement: you want your
> mailserver to be able to sent to t-online.de, they want to know who you are.

And I have no objection against giving that information to *them*. But to
*them* only, not to the whole world!

Plus, as I already stated, it's not information "who you are". I
deliberately mentioned my website as an example that perfectly (and in a
very detailed way) describes who I am, but does not fulfill their
requirements. They don't want to know "who I am", they want to know two very
specific things: my street address and telephone number. This is in no way
equivalent to "who I am". "Who I am" is my name, and this is available on my
website. And not only *they* want to know this specific information (as I
said, I have nothing against it); they want that the whole world knows it -
and that is an utterly absurd requirement.

> You're free not to agree to the terms, so where's law involved anyway?

I only mentioned the law because some people (you too) bring up the
non-relevant fact that all German websites are required by law to have an
imprint. Which is, as said, completely non-relevant here.

> And, to point this out again: the subject of this thread already has been
> disproven — t-online.de/Deutsche Telekom/t...@rx.t-online.de is still white-
> listing personal mailservers, as long as the criteria on their postmaster
> page are met.

That is, as long as you have that particular information on your website,
that I'm writing all about here :)
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa