Hi all,

I thought the AC was a little weak in my 300E yesterday, although it
was 102°F outside. Today I drove it with a digital thermometer in the
duct. The temps fluctuate between 49°F and 54°F, with fan speed on
high OR low. Seems the system is cutting the compressor off way before
it should, at least that's my guess.

Question: What controls this? Is it *only* the evaporator sensor in
the side of the heater/evaporator box, sending a signal to the
pushbutton unit? Or could there be something else acting up? I found
the FSM section on testing the evap sensor, I'll see if that's within
spec, but if it is then I'm out of ideas. My other 124 will fluctuate
about 10° cooler (say, between 40-45°F), which is what I expected.

If it were low on charge (which I'm fairly certain it is not), the
compressor would run all the time, trying to cool down to the sensor
limit, correct? The system seems to be sort of working as intended,
just at a higher temperature than it should. (???)

Best regards,

--
Dave M.
Boise, ID