Marshall,

I thought that's how it should work. My 124 diesel will fluctuate
between 38-42F when it's rolling along at speed, even on a really hot
day. And I don't have the Easley mod. I read what you sent about that
but I think what he did was a Band-Aid for another problem. I do NOT
believe Mercedes intended the stock setting to be 48-52F, which is
what he was getting on his test car, then he added the resistor shunt
to drop those temps into the mid/upper 30's. I believe it should be
38-42F and maybe his shunt trick could drop that to maybe 36-40 or
34-36, depending on how close you want to run to the freezing point.

I'll have to yank the sensor and test it, maybe tomorrow night. I hope
you are correct that they drift up over time. I can yank the one from
the parts car for comparison.

:-)

Dave M.