Brian,

Good question. I belive the recirc "small lift" is dead on this car,
allowing 10% outside air, but not allowing 100% recirculation either.
Regardless, if there was excess load due to warm air, or if the evap
was dirty, AND the cutoff was normal (mid/low 40's), the compressor
would never cut off or cycle. It would stay in the 50-ish range and
not cycle. The fact that it cycles proves (to me, anyway) that the
cutoff temp was too high. I'll be replacing all the pods on this car
soon - just received them from Rusty two days ago.

BTW - the diverter would normally operate some of the time, on & off,
when the AC is engaged. This car has a dead diverter pod as well as
center vent, so I'm measuring from the side vents. The temp difference
would be minimal though. After all the pods are replaced I'll re-test
the system to make sure temps aren't too cold.

:-)

-Dave M.