So where is a good place to sell these cars?  Ebay still?

On 12/21/2010 11:35 AM, LWB250 wrote:
I think a lot of this has to do with the market, that is, the buyers.  Consider the age
of these cars (W108, W111) and you can understand that the people who would show an
interest are up there in years (maybe 40-50 or older) and are not looking for
"fixer-uppers" or weekend drivers - especially if they are not in decent shape.

Younger people don't know what these cars are, and subsequently, shy away from
them when looking for cheap or even reasonably prices transportation.

Granted, you'll always have that outlier who is interested because of the uniqueness of
the vehicle, but the average Joe has no clue whatsoever when it comes to taking care of
or repairing one of these cars.  As a result they have marginal value in the
"Craigslist" world when it comes to used cars.  They are just another commodity.

I have a long-time affinity for the finnies, and would love to have another
some day.  Considering the reality of age and numbers, the possibility that
this will happen is pretty slim.

At least that's my take on it.

Dan

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 95 E300, 94 S500, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic,