The box they come in reads, AC use only..... guess that was "good enough for
me" so I bought them....
I know that I like them much better than stinky CFL crap lights and I know
the current draw is minimal with good light. I like that they give light
without making heat.

Buy one, test it to your hearts content... if you like it, buy more. If you
don't, send it to me...;) I'll "dispose of it" for you.  :))