From: Alex Chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] mistakes a diesel owner should not make
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:36:00 -0800

On 1/18/06, Tom Scordato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just ran into a business associate of mine. He is real proud of his new VW
> TDI.  Loves it.  Except the time recently he filled it with GASOLINE.  A
> $700 dollar mistake.

That's probably the one nice thing about not having self-serve gas in
Oregon!  If the moron high-school-dropout pump jockey makes that
mistake, the station owner, not me, will be shelling out the cost of
the necessary repairs.  I've been thinking about this a lot lately
since the station I usually go to (convenient on the way home from
work) seems to have just hired a new batch of said morons, all of whom
need to be told "IT'S A DEEEE-ZEL!" loudly and slowly three or four
times before they get the message and reach for the green-handled
pump.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo