That's what I thought too, but apparently that's not the case.  You can pump
your own on a motorcycle - not sure if that's just due to the automatic
cutoff not working on a bike, or what.  I was all excited to get a diesel
and be able to pump my own (previous Sube and current 300 = daily driver,
944 = occasional use esp as we are in mountains - snow/ice aplenty here, so
less frequent aggravation with that car), but I sure am not getting a bike
(personal decision to avoid the risk, plus see snow/ice - some guys ride in
winter here though)....