An asymptomatic person with no family history of colorectal disease should
have a colonoscopy done once a year after 50 (rule of thumb) unless
overridden by your doctor.  If you have family history or medical conditions
that encourage colon cancer, you should have colonoscopies done even
earlier.  There are some genetic conditions that force people to have
colonoscopies in their teens, and total colon removal by their 20s.  Be glad
you don't have those.