So, my question is, how many of you folks have had one of these? For those
that have, how would you feel about having one annually?

I had my first one of these last fall. While it was not truly unpleasant, I
can't say I'd want to make it an annual event. I am 54 now and my father had
colon cancer so it was deemed a good idea to check me out at this age. I did
not exhibit any problems and my understanding is that my doctor does not
believe I need another of these for at least 5 years.

I declined the sedative and watched the whole (no pun intended) thing on the
color monitor. Actually very interesting. Also, if one declines the
sedative, then one can drive one's self to and from the test. The sedative
may make it easier if one is truly nervous but the nurse said it sort of
ruins the rest of one's day.

I had an angiogram in October 2004 and on that occasion they recommended the
sedative. I let them give it to me and unfortunately, I remember almost
nothing of the procedure. Once again I was told that I could watch on the
big monitor but I can't recall trying to. All I remember is the doctor
telling me that everything was fine and I would not need bypass surgery.

Randy B