I've had trouble with 1# bottles producing enough pressure to light my torch at
temps approaching 0F.My statement about the 20# bottles comes from an Alaskan
oil driller I met through Coleman stuff. He keeps a Coleman fuel stove as an
auxiliary in his place at the rig because when it's below -20 he doesn't trust
propane. I suspect he has to deal with -40 on the regular...

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 3:18 PM, Dan Penoff via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Propane vaporizes at around -40F, so
you should be good for the grille cylinder until it gets Randy cold.  The
problem occurs when the tank is full, so the wetting area (the boundary between
liquid propane and gaseous propane) is smaller, so it can’t boil off fast
enough to produce enough volume of gas to keep the grille going.

In other words, in really cold weather, you’re better off with a half full tank
than a full one.  Wet towels soaked in warm water and laid on top of the tank
can help.

-D